Thursday, June 30, 2011

How to Create a Website Using WordPress?

The website that you are looking at is installed on Word Press and I got it all for free of cost. In this instant tutorial I’m going to teach you step-by-step on how to create a similar web page using the WordPress blogging Cms software.
One: Web Hosting
First off all, you need good web hosting for WordPress. I recommend going with a web host that has a cPanel, as it is easy to install Word Press using Fantastico (a Best function in the cPanel).
Yes, you can also go with free web hosting, but I don’t Suggest you that, as Word Press requires a database to work properly and even the best free web hosts have problems with this (this was my own experience , I then went for paid hosting).
I recommend using http://www.web4bangladesh.com web hosting in bangladesh. They have cPanel and you can host unlimited domains on one hosting account. So you can have as many Word Press blogs (websites) on one hosting account as you want for just $10 per month.
Or you can also pick one of these top WordPress hosting providers. You will be fine with the cheapest plans (unless you are going to make your website a really big one).
Two: Install WordPress
I Suggest installing WordPress using the one-click WP installation feature with Fantastico in the cPanel. You can check out this tutorial on how to Install WordPress Using Fantastico. It’s really easy and quick, easier that you might thought.
Three: Upload a WordPress Template
Find a nice WordPress theme for your website and just upload it to the wp-content/themes/ folder. Then activate it in the WP admin panel – in Appearance -> Themes.
For good WordPress themes I recommend you to check out my own themes on my free, premium & custom WordPress Themes site joomlaoscommerce.com (I’m a Word Press themes designer). I hope you like them.
Four: Modify the Theme
If you do not want the comments and the “posted by… on…” displayed to make your website not look like a blog, just delete the following from the index.php (and also delete the same in the files page.php and single.php – if there are these files):
  • <?php the_time(‘F jS, Y’) ?><?php edit_post_link(‘, Edit’); ?>
  • <div class=”comm”><?php comments_popup_link(‘Post Comment’, ‘Comments (1)’, ‘Comments (%)’); ?></div>
Note: Backup the files of your theme before editing it, so that you have the original files in case you do something wrong.
You might also like to edit some images of the theme like e.g. the header image. I have done both of these modifications on the theme of this website – I removed the comments and added the text “wordpress.lexty.com” into the header image.
And that’s it. You are done, good luck with your new Wordpres website!
Andrej
Yes, it is possible to build a new web page using the CMS blogging software WordPress. It’s really easy and it’s probably the quickest and easiest way how to make a new web site. Just get hosting, install WordPress and upload a nice WP theme ideal for your niche. Then just create the pages of your site in the WordPress admin panel and make some tweaking to the theme – e.g. remove the comments if you don’t wish them, etc.
As an example of how such website may look like I can show you my website Cool Cars – this one is however rather more a blog website, as I post new videos on it.
Good luck!
Mostafa Kamal

1 comment:

Review joomlaoscommerce.blogspot.com on alexa.com